AXBB-E CNC Controller + Licence Combo
The AXBB-E is a CNC Motion Controller and breakout board combination with Ethernet interface. The device can communicate with a connection to the control computer’s network card.
The connection can be built with direct connection or via router/switch devices in a local area network (LAN). This makes it an excellent pairing with the UCCNC motion control software.
The device can be used to control machine tools with stepper or servo motor controls with step and direction interfaces.
There are 8 isolated outputs to drive relays, solid state relays, laser controller or anything else which require isolation. There are 6 isolated inputs to input signals of sensors, switches and push-buttons. There is one safety charge pump circuit with isolated output.
The controller can output a maximum of 400kHz stepping frequency and can work with up to 6-axes, however only 8 dedicated step and direction signal pins for 4 axes are wired out on the board, but the I/Os on the software side are freely configurable to any pins making it possible to use all 6 axes if required. In addition to the breakout signals there is one IDC26 port on the board which has standard LPT port pinout.
An IDC26 to DSUB25 cable (not included) can be used to connect an additional standard LPT port compatible breakout board to the device to extend the number of I/Os if required. The board also has 2 analog input channels which can work with externally connected potentiometers (not included).
The recommended potentiometer full scale resistance is 1k to 10k Ohms. The analog input channels can be used to control the feed rate override and the spindle speed override in the software. There is also one 0-5V or 0-10V (jumper selectable) analog output channel. The analog signal can be used for example to control the speed of a spindle motor with a variable frequency drive (VFD).
The breakout board functionality is done with the on-board high speed optocouplers, transistors and buffer ICs.
- Complete motion controller and breakout board solution in a single board.
- Capable of Stepper or Servo control of up to 6-axes
- There are 8 non-isolated outputs to be used as step and direction signals
- 8 optically isolated high speed N-channel power mosfet transistor outputs.(NPN)
- 9 non-isolated buffered TTL outputs to control step/dir signals, laser driver etc.
- Isolated charge pump output with power N-channel mosfet transistor.
- 6 high speed optoisolator inputs.
- 1 IDC26 non-isolated extension port with standard LPT port pinout (12 outputs and 5 inputs).
- LED indicators on isolated I/Os.
- Isolated I/Os are 24Volts capable.
- The AXBB can output a maximum of 400kHz stepping frequency
- There are 2 analogue input channel
- There is also one 0-5V or 0-10V (jumper selectable) analog output channel